Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Santa Rosa, CA

Back at it again! I always have time set aside to catch up on my blogs, but then I get really busy all of a sudden and keep putting them off! So let's catch up!

In the last post, I left off with getting ready for my first stop for my new job, Santa Rosa. I had never been to Santa Rosa and all I had in mind were a bunch of vineyards and a lot of tasty wine! Well I was right about both of those. 

I was really nervous about my first day at my new job. I did not really know what to expect but just knew I would be drowning in a lot of new information. I was super excited to meet new people and get excited about what the job had to offer! So for a week straight we trained, trained, and trained some more. We engaged in really good educational topics and learned a lot more about the agricultural industry. There were nine interns and five full time employees that joined us. Everyone was from all over and it was fun learning about one another.

Half way through the week, we set aside a day full of field trips. We visited three different wineries/vineyards in the area and participated in some really good wine tasting! It was awesome to hear about the history and family businesses. Each production/establishment was different in size and volume and it was interesting to compare them to one another. 




After the field trip, a few of us girls went to the Armstrong Redwoods Park and checked out the area then had a nice dinner at a local place along the Russian River. The adventures were definitely worth it and ended up being very entertaining.



The week in Santa Rosa was coming to an end and we were ready for stop two,
 Greeley, Co. 



Much love,

~Megs

No comments:

Post a Comment