Saturday, July 23, 2016

Greeley, Colorado

It was early Saturday morning and I was driving to the airport in San Francisco, Ca to board my plane to Denver, Co. I have flown a number of times but not usually by myself. Well, I wasn't completely by myself. There were other interns and employees with me. But the stress of getting through security and finding the right terminal always gave me anxiety. Thankfully I made it with plenty of time to spare.

Once we arrived in Denver that afternoon I was completely exhausted. We had a shuttle arranged to pick us up and drive us to Greeley. I really wanted to sleep the whole way there (which was about an hour) but instead I decided to grab shotgun in the van and admire the beauty of Colorado! The mountains, valleys, streams, agriculture, wildlife and so much more was just absolutely beautiful! Right then I knew I fell in love with Colorado. 

Sunday before the work week started, we took an adventure up to the Rocky Mountain National Park and explored the Rockies and the nature all around there. It was definitely quite the trip but was beautiful regardless. The park was a lot larger than I had imagined and it was very easy to get lost, which happened multiple times. 

Monday through Friday was full of training, freezing conference rooms, more training and lots of yummy food! Wednesday we had another field trip day where we went to a local feedlot, dairy that makes yummy yogurt, and the New Belgium Brewery for a tour! The field trips were not only fun but also very educational and entertaining. I found my new favorite yogurt (Noosa) and some really good beers at the brewery. 

Not only did I fall in Colorado, but I also made really good connections and friendships throughout the two week training. I found my long lost best friend from Kansas and we definitely should have been raised sisters! I still am in contact with a few of the other girls and the instructors! After spending two weeks straight with a group of strangers, it was a wonderful feeling creating new friendships. Having to say our goodbyes was harder than I thought it would be. 

Saturday morning had arrived and it was time to pack up the bags and head out on the next journey. I was actually kind of excited to start the next journey because that meant I had a break from living in hotels. My cousins were living at the next location. Fallon, Nevada here I come!

Much love,

~The world traveler (Megs)

No comments:

Post a Comment