Monday, August 8, 2016

Red Bluff, CA

I was well overdue for a break in my travels with work. While being in Fallon, NV I had a trip planned to Red Bluff, CA for my college graduation party. Not only was it a graduation party, it was more like a family and friends reunion for everyone. Hands down one of the best days in my life since graduation. The family and friends there showered their love to me and I was very blessed. From hundreds of miles away to just a short drive over the hill, I couldn't have asked for a better crowd!

So the festivities were a week long for some and a few hours for others. Everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves. When it comes to the location, I don't think anyone would ever expect throwing a graduation party in the middle of nowhere. But hands down was that the best location to accommodate all of us!! The attendance was high and so was the energy!

Friday night my siblings and I threw a surprise 50th birthday party for our father! Boy was he surprised!! From his local relatives to far away relatives, everyone was there to celebrate his special day!!! We laughed, sang, ate, drank and danced a lot!! It was overall the best surprise party I've seen and for someone who definitely deserved it!

Saturday was the day of my party!! I decided that day that I would not go near the hall that was being decorated for the event. I wanted to be surprised by the turnout of everything. Let me tell you, it was beyond unbelievable! The work that my parents, family and friends put into it was phenomenal! I could never say enough thank you's or feel anymore blessed than I do!!! All the credit goes out to those of you who have helped me get to where I am today!! From infants to our favorite elderly folks, it was a party that will never be forgotten! I love each and everyone of you who showed up to make it such a memorable event!

Sunday was little Ollie's birthday (not so little anymore)! He wanted to have a swim party at this resort and eat hot dogs and ice cream cake! So that is just what we did! Everyone still got to visit and all us kids played in the pool together, including a few adults!! Ollie was very pleased with his party and it turned out perfect!

If there was just one thing I could take away from that weekend, would be the powerful love in my family! The bonds, the laughs, the cries, the dancing to celebrating every little thing is just so perfect!! God has blessed me with literally the best support group and I will honor that the rest of my life! I might even bribe about it because I think it's pretty stinkin' awesome! P.s. It is very rare to get all the grandkids together in one setting!
  
 Once again, thank you to everyone who attended and put together such a wonderful weekend! Life is so great with each of you and I'm thankful for every memory we have created and now shared!!





Love the graduate,

~Megann

No comments:

Post a Comment